Who We Are
Tameside 4 Good helps young people and good causes right here in Tameside. It is a charity initiative from Action Together, designed to drive the giving of time, skills, money and resources to voluntary and community groups in Tameside.
100% of the money donated to Tameside 4 Good is distributed via the grant scheme that is committed to issuing grants of up to £500 to disadvantaged individuals in Tameside, aged between 5 - 25, who want to undertake an activity that benefits them and their community, with grants of up to £4,000 available to Tameside community groups.
The exciting, unique initiative creates and reinforces relationships between local communities and businesses through four key ways:
Businesses that give employees time to volunteer enable staff to support activities such as:
- One-off events — office bake sales, shoe box appeals, sponsored activity
- A series of events — taking part in a variety of athletic events
- Employer supported volunteering — offers employees paid time off to benefit their local community. It is a great way of fulfilling a corporate social responsibility policy and building a reputation as responsible business. We will work with you to find an activity that suits your business and challenges your staff.
Use your talents to help others. This could include a painter and decorator sprucing up a community room, a joiner repairing a fence or a marketer helping a local good cause raise awareness of its positive impact. What skills can you donate?
- Establish a payroll giving scheme for employees
- Set up a fundraising appeal page for a sponsored event
- Make a donation through our “Donate Now” facility
- Provide a specific capital item
- Develop a corporate social responsibility programme
- Match Funding—help charitable groups to seek a wider range of grants through offering to match fund a proposal
Offer a product or activity to meet the needs of a local community or voluntary group. This could range from food for a pensioners lunch to cement to create a smooth and safe path for disabled access or even a venue for a meeting.
Can you help make a difference by giving your time and skills, money and resources? Contact the team on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0161 339 2345